Our Special Project this year is renovating the Staff Lounge.
Other than an occasional fresh coat of paint and the addition of "new to the lounge" furniture, the lounge has not been renovated since the school opened almost 20 years ago.
HAPPY STAFF = HAPPY STUDENTS. TEACHERS WHO HAVE THE TOOLS THEY NEED AND A SUPPORTIVE ENVIRONMENT HAVE MORE TIME TO FOCUS ON THEIR STUDENTS.
In the classroom
◦ Teacher supply grants to purchase classroom supplies.
◦ Field trip grants.
◦ Grants to help teachers with special projects.
◦ Media subscriptions for classroom use.
◦ Hold two Book Fairs to raise funds to purchase library books.
◦ Coordinate Room Parents and volunteers for classroom help
Supporting their professional development
◦ Providing funds for refreshments at development meetings
◦ Supporting the Principal in her efforts
Making sure they feel appreciated
◦ Monthly Teacher Appreciation events
◦ February supply drive